Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The New Acquisition

The 2009 BMW F800GS.

It isnt the Triumph Tiger 800XC I was planning on, but I came across a great deal and I could not pass this up.

The new 2009 BMW F800GS.

So far, this bike is as I got it, with the exception of a center stand that I installed yesterday. Getting the damn dual spring on was a huge pain in the ass. After two hours of wrestling, I finally got the thing on there using a ratchet strap connected to a metal pipe embedded in the ground and the spring with loops of safety wire in between. It sucked balls.

But here it is.


Upcoming changes will be some protection pieces i.e. skid plate, crash bars, radiator guard, head light guard, etc., exhaust, and luggage of some kind yet to be decided.

Im hoping to get some ride reports in over the next couple months.